Saturday 22 July 2023

'Just for the record '

Hi everyone.......at last I have something to share!  A male card for a friends husband cased from one I saw on pinterest. ....thanks to the designer whoever they may be.

Male cards are not my favourite cards to make and I seem to have exhausted the ideas relevant to the person in question...mini cars (green ones) and canal boats on past birthdays............so this was what he got this time round!




I guess it speaks for itself really but the base card was cut from an 8 inch square card base and the rest from varying sizes of the same circular nesting dies. 

The 70 was cut from dies in my stash that I use quite regularly as they are not too big...and I didn't want to rub it in!..lol The writing was hand written.

So life continues to be very busy here, organising workmen for varying maintenance and repair jobs in the house and garden...and costly too. I can never settle when I have people here whether they're inside or out. Are you the same?...or is it because normally my hubby would have been keeping an eye on these people? and doing all the organising of them to come in the first place too! 

Anyway enough of that..what happened to our summer? I know we wanted rain for the gardens but now it doesn't know when to stop! No drying washing outside here..!

If you are struggling in the heat out in Europe I do hope you are staying safe from it and keeping well. Seems we have to have extremes of weather now and no happy mediums.

I've also been making wedding invites for my eldest son who is getting married in October. A small affair due to costs of course, but I hope it will be a memorable day for them both. All being well my other son in Australia is flying over for the occasion, so it will be good to see him as it is 4 years since I last saw him and the family.... a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then so to speak. sadly though Nicole and the children can't make it as the children are in school now...so disappointing that I will not get to see my grandchildren.

I am also waiting for shoulder surgery for a torn rotator cuff and so hoping it will now not take place before then. I have still to find an outfit for the wedding........no back zips please!  Birthday suit and arm in a sling would be different!..lol ......but maybe not in October!

So my friends I hope you are keeping as well as you can and as happy as you can and I Thank You for stopping by my blog and taking some of your precious time to read this.

If you are still with me...here is the card I made for the Birthday Boys wife to give to him....


Apologies for the photos not cropped...taken on my phone and then the files are too big to load! Why does technology change daily?

Crafty hugs to you all

Carole xx

13 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I think we all struggle with those male cards, butterflies and flowers are so much easier. This is very clever though and very brave of you to do the hand writing. Goodness me, you have got a lot going on. I hope you find something nice to wear ( I do hate shopping). It's very wet here today, not let up at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Carole, a very clever design. I love the canal boat card too, although I wouldn't like to be out on a boat today. I'm not sure where the summer has gone! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two super masculine cards Carole, like you I'm not a fan, with me it's usually birds! A wedding is always exciting to look forward to and how lovely you will have your other son over as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well my friend you have gone to the top of the charts with this one! (Sorry!!!)
    Is a great idea for those awkward men and your canal boat is lush! (Although am surprised one is going down the lane with all the rain over the last 2 days).
    Send pics of the outfit! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great card and very clever. Sounds like you are leading a very busy life at the moment. I am the same about people coming to do work. I hate it, but at the same time you want the things done. How nice to have a wedding to look forward to. It must be hard to have grandchildren so far away xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fabulous masculine cards! I, too, struggle with masculine cards. But, your cards are wonderful! Love the round card with the record theme, too cute! And, love the boat card for your husband! Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I pray for a speedy recovery!
    And, congrats to your son's upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards Carole and the record one is superb, what a great idea. I think I might pinch that one. My Hubby usually organises workmen but I feel exactly the same as you and I'm always relieved when they've finished whatever they're doing and we get the house back to ourselves. Perhaps it's an age thing as it never used to bother me when I was younger. I can imagine you getting all excited for the wedding and for seeing your other son after so long. You'll have to post us a pic of you in your wedding outfit. I do love a good wedding as you don't get to go to many of them these days. So lovely to see your post as it's always a pleasure to visit your blog. Take care of yourself and be happy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant cards, love them both and the background map is ingenious Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two brilliant masculine cards here Carole.
    Ouch to the torn rotator cuff. Good luck for the surgery and a speedy recovery afterwards.

    Nice to have a wedding to look forward to, as well as seeing your son again after 4 years.

    Take care.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, my apologies for not coming by earlier, Carole! Between our vacation and then being sick for five weeks, I'm still playing catch up! Thank you for sharing your news as well as photos of the great masculine cards you made for the milestone birthday! I think they are both great, with manly focal images!

    You are really dealing with a lot right now with the workmen and the invites and the upcoming surgery and finding a mother-of-the-groom outfit for the wedding ... but the best part of all: seeing your son after four years! I'm so sorry that you won't be able to see your DIL and grandchildren. I do hope you can get in for your surgery very soon so that you are recovered before the wedding.🙏 Please let me know when you get a date. Huge hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards. Perfect masculine cards actually!. The record is such a fun design!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate making masculine cards and usually end up buying them so these cards really impress me, Carole! As someone who is hitting 70 next month, I appreciate that you kept the big number to a reasonable scale and I'm sure that will be appreciated lol!
    You have such a busy time coming up and I hope your shoulder holds up.
    Take care of yourself.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I started to write you another comment and then realised that I have already visited this card! Anyway as I am here I thought I would say something. I hope you are doing OK with your shoulder and wedding plans are all going smoothly xx

    ReplyDelete