Wednesday 30 November 2022

Christmas en-route to Australia

 Hi Friends

I have deliberated whether to post these cards yet, but I very much doubt that my son in Australia visits my blog. He barely has time to Skype me so pretty sure he won't take a sneak peak..probably not bothered anyway.

So while Christmas is in the forefront of everyone's mind here in the UK...here they are.

First up...one for Thomas who will  be 7 next February. They are vegetarian so I thought this quite apt....hope it makes him laugh.



I am sure he will think I have spelt Happy wrong!..lol.   this is a crafters Companion image coloured with copics and the sentiment comes with it. The 'grandson' is from my stash.

Next up one for Chloe who is 4 and starts school in January having just graduated from Kindergarton...black cap and gown job as well!! They start young these days.


This is a digi image from Rachelle Ann Miller.  I so fell in love with this image (tipped off by a blogging buddy about it...thank you!). Digi is not something I do much of I have to admit. Anyway I coloured again with copics and the sentiments are from stash. Happy Christmas is uniko stamps.

Finally one for son and DIL.....


Back to crafters Companion for this one...a set with stamps, stencil and dies. I have decided I need some fine stencil brushes for this as even finger daubers proved a bit too much. The background is done with a falling snow folder I found amongst my rather large collection of varying sized embossing folders (half I have never used...maybe 3/4)

So three for the price of one today folks! Hope you like them.

I'm hoping of course that they get there in time!  I bother making them because it is basically the only thing I can do for Thomas and Chloe being so far away and sending gifts now is prohibitively expensive so rely on my son to buy them something with money I send. Not quite the same I have to say.

I am grateful for Moonpig in return! and 'A card is a card' as my son says!

I still have s few cards to make and I know I am fast running out of time, add to that the postal strikes here in the UK (who isn't going on strike) and I need to get my skates on.

So it's Ta Ra folks for now, best get stuck in.

Thanks for stopping by when time is of the essence.

Take care, keep warm and well.

Crafty hugs

Carole x




7 comments:

  1. A lovely post of creations Carole and the Birthday cards for the little ones perfect. I do hope they arrive on time, with the post as it is all in the lap of the Gods. I sent one to Kenya on 5th October (flat and still cost over £5) and still not arrived. Likewise one sent to me from the UK last Monday first class so no hope of seeing that till the weekend now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, three beautiful and special keepsake cards, love the Hap-pea Christmas card, I am sure it will be loved. The little Kangaroo is super cute for your grand daughter. I am not sure how long our cards took to arrive to the UK last year, we got some in early Feb, not sure where it had been or just delayed by less flights.... Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole
    Fabulous cards ….love the Pea one …
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards! Of course I love the Pea one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these fun cards for your grandchildren. They will love them too I'm sure and maybe keep them. So far away, it's very hard. I have bought stamps (postage stamps, lol) and must get mine in the post and hope they arrive in time. They'll get there sooner or later. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all three so perfect for their special recipients, Carole! I love the kids' cards which are especially sweet! I've got my cards done finally, not sure when you'll get mine with the postal strikes, but getting a card in January will be a lovely surprise, right? What else can we do?!

    I am now in the process of using my Christmas labels list to put together my own linky list of friends I want to resume visiting more often; fingers crossed it will help me get back into my old routine which I so enjoyed.🫰 Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards, Carole! The first two for the grandkids are so sweet and cute! And, the last card with the lovely scene is so beautiful! Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete