Thursday 27 April 2023

Turtles

 Hi friends..good to see you all.

I'm here as promised with the card I made for Chloe who is 5 today! Where does the time go?

Back in February my son a family went to Mon Repos up the east coast of Australia and went to see the baby turtles being released to the ocean....126 of them. I hope they all made it! Apparently an awesome experience so I am told by Thoma and Chloe.

On that basis I made the turtle the basis for my card................



The turtle is a Woodware stamp (fussy cut) and I inked my card with Distress Oxides...Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon and Salty Ocean and then embossed in a new folder to me...Gentle Waves from Crafters Companion. I used glossy accents for the bubbles. the rest speaks for itself.

I hope Chloe likes it when she opens it today. It arrived in good time. I posted mid March to give plenty of time and it only took just less than 3 weeks!

 Time seems to be whizzing away again and I have no idea where it goes, so I am grateful for you giving of yours to stop by and read my blog...THANK YOU!

I hope to catch up with you all again soon. Till then I hope this finds you well. Take care.

Crafty hugs

Carole xx





7 comments:

  1. I agree that time is just whooshing past too quickly.

    How cool on the turtles. Wow, 126 of them. That's amazing. I saw that once on a nature show long, long ago. Neat to see for sure.

    Cheers, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Chloe will love her special card (Happy Birthday to her) and it will have very special meaning after the experience with the baby turtles.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How terrific to see all those baby turtles Carole, something they will always remember I bet!
    Lovely card and no doubt Chloe loved it!
    Hope you got my mail. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course she liked it, who wouldn't? That turtle looks very happy and friendly and your blending is exceptional. I love it. the post is so strange these days. You can never be sure how long things will take xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet birthday card! Love the adorable turtle! Sounds like fun watching the turtles being released! Happy 5th Birthday to your granddaughter, Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, Carole. I’m sure Chloe was thrilled to receive it, especially after the experience of seeing the turtles released. Hope she had a wonderful birthday. xx

    ReplyDelete