Sunday 30 December 2012

Christmas Wedding

As mentioned in my previous post I have been to my friends daughters wedding. It was lovely, what wedding isn't but the weather was rather cold and wet sad to say. However a good day was had by all, the bride and groom in particular, and that's the all important factor isn't it.

As promised here is a picture of the cake I did for them.


It looks a bit blue on the picture but is actually deep purple. Both are fruit cakes so manpower was required to lift and move it and transport it to Blackpool! It travelled well, thank goodness.

Also here is my last cake of the year, my Christmas cake. It still hasn't been cut! Everyone is too full after Chritmas dinner to eat any, so -- me thinks we will be eating cake till Easter as we are still finishing Alan's birthday cake! but it will keep.It was a bit of a rush job in the end to finish it off, but I made the unwired sugar poinsettia for the top and added edible sparkles for a bit of bling.


 That's all folks - as they say, for this year anyhow. I hope to be back next year with more cards and creativity and getting to grips with blogger.(sounds ages away doesn't it but it's only just over a day).
Thank you so much for looking and sharing and to anyone who has left me a comment, thank you, it spurs me on and is much appreciated.

I wish all of you a very Happy, Healthy, Peaceful and Crafty New Year

Hugs
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment