Thursday 18 August 2022

Pearl Anniversary

 Hi Friends...good to see you again! Today is the Pearl Anniversary of a couple of friends who got married six weeks after Alan and I. ...30 years ago! Ironically they got engaged six weeks after us and unknown to each other we chose the same dinner service on our wedding lists. Thereby lies a tale..see end of post if you are interested.



Not the best of photos, sorry!

The base card is a pearl embossed card from my stash with a plain pearl layer on the top with the die cut revealing the base card pattern underneath.  The rest is self explanatory. I tool my idea from Pinterest and adapted to suit. The tiny hearts are on their first outing so I may pop across to the NBUS challenge if I can manage the linking.

I hope the card has arrived safely as they celebrate today!

Ok ..the tale. Alan and I had ordered some extra mugs in our chosen dinner service design (remember this is 30 years ago now) and were contacted by the store to collect them. So we went along and they couldn't find our order...but they had an order for someone else who didn't seem to be collecting theirs , so gave us those and said they would sort it out. It turned out the order we got was for our friends, so I am assuming they got ours..!...lol  Whenever we got together  and had  a coffee it was always a standing joke to count the mugs before anyone left..lol!.

Still with me?

Thank you, my loyal followers for all your lovely comments recently, so greatly appreciated. It helps to make one feel connected to people doesn't it. If you just passed through for a peek that's fine too...Thank you for that. I know hoe precious time is, it goes so quickly.

Have a good end to the week everyone, and a super weekend when it arrives.

 It's looking pretty much like rain here right now..we need it!

Off to weald the vacuum now......yes the ironing did get done eventually! 

Crafty hugs

Carole xx


Challenge entered :-

NBUS - August .....tiny hearts first time out

Put the flags out folks...I think I have managed it! Where would I be without Darnells instructions..Thanks Darnell!

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful classy card the design is so pretty I am sure your friends will have loved it. Thanks for sharing that lovely story reminded how we appreciated things back then and how hard we saved for things sending love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Carole! And wonderful card creation, too! English stationery white always seem so much whiter than our American white papers and I just love them, especially for wedding and anniversary cards. The pink and tiny hearts and, of course, the pearls make for a beautiful card! Congratulations to your friends! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS and thank you for sharing the fun story about the mugs! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very elegant Carol and a great tale of the mugs.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun story and a really stunning anniversary card. Very pretty indeed. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully CAS Carol, I love everything about it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the composition on this pretty card, Carole. The peekaboo square with the heart is gorgeous and I love how it's placed in the corner rather than the centre. The tiny hearts are lovely and I really like the texture in the background. Love the wedding list story too. We still have the odd item left from our wedding dinner service and I can't bear to let them go to the charity shop lol!
    Take care,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning card, Carole. I love the design and your colour choice. Visiting your blog today with my NBUS Guest Designer hat on. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
    I love the story of the mugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somewhat late in commenting, here I am. I've been in a bit of a rut watering, watering and struggling with the heat. Still no real rain here, I hope you've had some. This card is very pretty with the pin hearts and the little frame for interest behind. Good story about the mugs. I wonder how many you have left now? We only have a few bits and pieces of wedding china left, which is sad. 34 years. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just checking out your blog and found this card...it is extremely lovely!!

    ReplyDelete