Monday 21 February 2022

Uniko is 10!

 Hi Friends..

I hope you are all safe and well and if you are here in the UK Ihope you have survived the recent storms without too much damage...what a nightmare it has been! 

Whizzing in with a card for the celebration link up part thingy that Uniko are having to celebrate their 10th Birthday.....I would inset a link here for you to hop over but as I am not very good at links...please visit Uniko's blog for all the quests...10 of them! Some lovely prizes to be won and some fun along the way.

Here is my card for Quest 1...a Birthday card using Uniko products.......



Not the best image due to the rubbish light here at present.

I used Background Blocks Mid Century Modern and stamped with three colours of Oxides. The sentiment was stamped using Sentiment Outlined clear stamp set and coloured using Copics as close the oxide colours as possible. 

The mats were cut with a pierced edge die and I drew faux stitching between the holes with a grey fine liner...cheating I know.

So now for the hard bit...linking my card to the challenge..wish me luck!

Thank you for all your lovely comments and good wishes...my back is much improved Thank You. So good of you to take the time to pop by.

See you again soon!

Crafty hugs

Carole xx

11 comments:

  1. Love the background Carole and your colouring of the sentiment is perfection.
    Pleased to hear your back is getting better. The weather here in East Suffolk, has been awful. Trees down all over the place. So we have chosen to stay at home and hope to get out towards the end of the week. So you stay safe. Big hugs, Carol S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pastel colours here my friend. Sorry to hear that your back has been bad, I will send you a mail in a day or so when all the madness here has calmed down. Lots of love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card using the stamp, I have this as a stencil and really struggled using it. I always see it as a masculine image so it's lovely to have a different perspective of it in a feminine way, super inspiration Carole.

    The faux stitching looks fab and very realistic.

    I think I might have missed a post, my bad... sowwy and I hope you're feeling much better now x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very effective retro style stamp in the background Carole and pretty how you carried the colours to the sentiment.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Carol and I'm so pleased to hear that your back's improving. We just need some good weather now so that we can all get out walking again! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely background you have created with one of my favourite background block stamps. Thanks for joining in with Uniko’s 10th birthday celebrations. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving that background Carole... Terrific card! Stay well and thanks for visiting me

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card, Carole! Love the multicolour background and the faux stitching on the sentiment panel. So clever to bring the same colours into the sentiment for a very coordinated look. Glad to hear your back is improving and hopefully we'll have some warmer weather soon to help it along.
    Hope you are well,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear your back has improved.

    Love the retro vibe of this card. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stamping! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that your back is better now Carole. I was just thinking of you so sending you a hug and hoping that all is well x

    ReplyDelete