Tuesday 28 November 2017

Anniversary card, a Birthday and a tour!

Hello friends!.....can't believe it is Tuesday already! that's mainly due to the fact that hubby had along weekend so I am a day out now...4 short days instead of 5 to get everything done!

So how are we all? good I hope..... and to all my cyber friends over the pond...I hope you have recovered from a wonderful Thanksgiving?

Christmas is fast approaching now...the advent candle is in place....I did suggest burning it early and then telling everyone they had missed Christmas dinner, but hubby said no! I,m never done any earlier for Christmas..are you?.....because the more time free, I find something else to squeeze into the preparations...so this year it's take it steady and don't go overboard.

Just to fool you all while talking about Christmas..here is an Anniversary card!!


The die is an Intricut die from Hobbycraft...beautiful die and I re cut the birds in blue and overlaid them so they would stand out. The tiny heart is not part of the die, I just popped it there. I think the sentiment is Uniko (lost the piece of paper with all my details on...sorry). I put tiny pearls on the leaves where they are embossed using.........(brain whirring here )...oh I know....Viva pearl pen.
The rest speaks for itself.

Black Friday...I had a birthday! so it wasn't black Friday for me at all!! Hubby and I went to Burton Agnes Hall to see the hall all decorated by the owners ans and staff for Christmas. It was fantastic...such a lot of hard work. It was all done with using as much natural stuff from the estate as possible and a lot of the decorations were crafted in some form or another so it was a real treat. here's a couple of pics.......



Just look at those carvings round the walls and fireplace.....!


Sprayed hydrangea heads and origami butterflies...


A paper cut village....


paper flowers....



knitted snowmen family...


and pom pom flowers and paper lanterns.....

Are you still with me?...OK I can't count , there are 6 not 2 photos but I hope you enjoyed them. I could show you loads more but I wont keep you any longer and I have to go and crack on too.
next weekend is hubby's birthday....card to make...eeek!!!

Hope you all have a good week and achieve all you want to do. Saturday.... fingers crossed is our re-arranged meal and catch up with son and partner.

Thank you all for spending your precious time with me and for all the lovely comments you leave me and that I appreciate so very much. Without you all I would not be sat here doing this blog.

Take care my friends till next time I see you.
Big crafty hugs
Carole xx

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and elegant card Carole. Your photos from Burton Agnes Hall look amazing too, especially the Christmas tree, it just looks so tasteful. I'm sure that my Hubby and I have driven past there on our way on the coast if I'm not mistaken. I do think that think that the stately homes look amazing at this time of the year. Well done you on being so organised this year, I don't seem to be in as much of a panic as I usually am. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afternoon Carole!
    A beautiful Anniversary card but it was nearly outshined (is that a word?)OUTSHONE by the fabulous pics of your day out. I need to go there I think - English Heritage? Cos it isn't in my National trust catalogue!
    Belated Happy Birthday too - you kept that quiet..... LOL. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love white on white and your card is gorgeous. Your photos are brilliant and love the Christmas tree. Makes me want to put mine up!! Have a great week and enjoy your birthdays. I have my daughter's birthday on Thursday and my son's is on the 4th December. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card Carole, so elegant and I love the little pop of blue. Fabulous photos too it looks amazing there, I especially love the snow family with their backdrop of trees :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated Happy Birthday, my friend! Looks like you had a most lovely celebration - and thank you for sharing part of it with us through the photos! How beautiful the decorations; the knitted snowmen were especially eye-catching! Oh, to know how to knit (properly!)...but then I'd be even further behind in everything, trying to make cards AND knit! Yes, Christmas is approaching way faster than I can believe - and yours truly still has lots to complete, craft-wise. Will be spending much of the break with my mom, so that means getting DT cards, etc. done well before hand. Where are those 26 hour days when you need them! Oh...your card - only absolutely stunning!!
    Hugs and love,
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant card! Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like you had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday Carole and I'm glad you had such a good day. Your anniversary card is classic and gorgeous, and I love the pictures of the fabulously decorated hall.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated birthday wishes Carole! Love your elegant card and what fabulous papercrafts in those photos! Christmas will sure be different here this year with my DH having surgery next week and me awaiting surgery... We haven't even got a tree up... Still we have each other, my son and the cats and we are cosy. Have a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carole what a beautiful card you've created. It's so elegant in its style with that little pop of blue is just perfect. I love how the die encased the birds in a heart xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya, first up belated Happy Birthday. Your visit to Burton Agnes hall looks like a perfect thing for a crafty lady to drag her hubby along to! We have December birthdays here, mine was last week and hubby is two days before the big day, bless. It's been really cold here but weirdly no snow. Hope it didnt affect you too much.
    Your card is gorgeous, very elegant.
    Well, have a great Christmas and all the best for 2018, Liz x

    ReplyDelete