Friday 29 October 2021

Seasons Greetings & Merry Christmas

 Hi Friends

Firstly I must Thank each and every one of you who left me a message on my last post...THANK YOU!

You are the reason that I carry on blogging and your friendship and support is so much appreciated.

Ok time for a card or two even.............




On a sort out in the craft room I unearthed some card blanks that go way back!...so I am a mission to use........... and here are the results using a couple of lovely olive green pearlised ones.

An embossing folder that I think may have come with a Crafters Companion magazine last year (not sure on that one) and an old C C sentiment die cut in mirri card.

I coloured the corner holly leaves with copics and as I had no red pearls for the holly, white ones were treated to the copics too.

.and here is a Merry one in a different colour way! 


I am pleased with how these turned out...batched a couple more to use up the cards (smile) and there we go!

Which do you prefer?

I hope you are all keeping well wherever you are and staying safe amid all these rising cases. I am still wearing my mask when I venture out here in the UK although it is not law..........I think I am very much in the minority though.Awaiting the call for a booster jab very soon!

Wishing a Happy Halloween to those of you who celebrate it.

Catch you all again soon when I have some upcycled Christmas cards to share with you.

Crafty hugs

Carole xx

12 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, Glad you are keeping well.
    Two gorgeous cards and difficult to choose. Love the first one, as the red is stunning and bright. Love the second one too, as it is stunning Carole.
    Like you, am still waiting to be called for a booster Jab.
    Thank you Carole for your lovely messages on my blog. Take care, big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, two beautiful traditional Christmas cards. I love the simplicity and elegance to them, definitely mantle pleasers. I hope you're keeping well and its always nice to see you blogging :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I love both of them . . . but if you're making me choose . . . I'm going for the second one (just because I like the more muted colour scheme). But I love the traditional red/green scheme too!

    I'm still mask wearing too. Like you say though, there seems to be less and less people doing that!

    Stay safe.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi What great cards such classy design just love them I hope yo7 are well and it’s great to see yo7 crafting again love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them both, Carole! The red one seems more festive and the gold one more elegant, but they are both sensational, as is your last post! It's so good to see you back in Blogland! It has been quiet and I'm part of that as I seem to have lost a little umph for a bit. Like you, I am trying to use up crap - er, craft supplies that I've had too long so I'm being ruthless in terms of a) use it, b) give it away, or c) recycle it! Otherwise it all can become too much, especially when one isn't feeling spry. But, hey ho, off we go, keepin on! Lots of hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dear. I've just left a long comment and have a note from blogger than it can't be delivered. Never had that before from a post comment. Trying again just to see if you moderate. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both colour ways, Carole and think the shimmer and shine make them look very elegant. The font styles are perfect and you have framed them beautifully with the pretty embossing.
    I know what you mean about the mask wearing - people seem to think it's all over but the infection rate is still so high. Two people I know have been hospitalised in the past week and one is critically ill so this is not the time to have everything go back to normal! Stay safe and I hope you get your booster soon.

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carole... Two really ;ovely and pretty cards - It's a hard choice but I think I'd pick the second one. Glad to know you are okay and like you I still wear a mask when I do go out which isn't often. I hope my comments get through - I keep getting messages from your blog to say that the comment couldn't be delivered???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both but perhaps the second best. The embossing folder is very pretty. I need to get on with a few more Christmas cards, and definitely need to use up some supplies and scraps. I'm still wearing my mask, stay safe and keep crafting. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like both but perhaps the second one best. The embossing folder is very pretty. I need to get on with a few more Christmas cards, and definitely need to use up some supplies and scraps. I'm still wearing my mask, stay safe and keep crafting. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like both but perhaps the second one best. The embossing folder is very pretty. I need to get on with a few more Christmas cards, and definitely need to use up some supplies and scraps. I'm still wearing my mask, stay safe and keep crafting. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are both lovely but I have a thing for red, so that would be my preference. I have also been trying to use up stuff...I will never get it all used. But I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete