Monday 3 April 2023

Sad occasions

 Hi friends!

Today the sun is shining for a change and it makes one feel so much better doesn't it.

Sadly I have had to make some 'Sympathy' cards, or 'Thinking of You' cards recently so I thought I would share them with you...

The first one uses Uniko stamps on an inky background of Oxides.I cut a circle from card and used it as a stencil to do the inking.The black leaves are 'winked' and I edged them with white gel pen just to lift them a bit.



The other two cards are the same (just a slight difference ). The colour behind the panel of embossing which is from a new 3D embossing folder 'Lily' by Creative Expressions (Sue Wilson I think) and the panels are slightly different as they are cut from a 6x6 inch panel which I cut it in half to make the two strips. Then came the decision as to whether to add any colour or not...I left it white as you can see. The sentiment is from stash.

So peach......


and pale pink....


I put the Sympathy messages inside.

These could be used for any 'Thinking of You' occasion really and not just Sympathy.

Thank you all so much for all the wonderful comments that you left me on my last post...they really spur me on to continue blogging and I appreciate each and every one as I know time is precious to everyone. ...so THANK YOU  again, and also for stopping by today.

I hope you are all safe and well and ready for the Easter break.

I will be back soon with more to share as Chloe's birthday card has arrived already in Australia and it's not her birthday till the end of the month. It seems it only took just over 2 weeks to get there (I posted mid March). I guess if I had left it till now it wouldn't have arrived in time, so better to be organised!

Ok ..off to peg out the washing for the first time this year!

Catch you again soon.

Happy Easter and take care

Crafty hugs

Carole xx


9 comments:

  1. Perfect for purpose Carole, they are always such difficult ones to make but can't choose a favourite as both very elegant.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards …not over the top…
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely CAS thinking of you cards! Love the pretty design on the first card and the beautiful embossing on the last two cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really pretty. That embossing folder is lovely and needs little else to show it off. And you can't beat an inked background. Glad you had a few good days. We are back to the wind and rain today. Sigh. I hung my washing out and quickly ran to get it in again. lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards. I really like the first one and I think I have that Uniko stamps. I haven't had it out for a while, so thank you for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard to make, but they turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the reason for making them, though so pretty, they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely trio of cards Carole. Sorry to hear you needed a few sympathy cards xxx

    ReplyDelete