Wednesday 2 November 2022

Wallpaper? and 70!

 Hi friends

Just popping in with a birthday card made for a friend using Lisa Horton 3D peony embossing folder. The embossing on these folders is stunning. 




I coloured the flowers with Distress Oxides and a finger dauber. I kept it subtle as you can see.

Here is another one done with the letter press technique...


It reminds me of anaglypta wallpaper!

I put a bit of clear sparkle in the flower centres which does not show on the photos.

I hope you are all well and ready for the weather turning colder here in the UK. The darker nights are certainly not to my liking I have to say. Time to shut the messy world out!

Thank you for stopping by, your comments are always so much appreciated.

Take care wherever you are and I will catch you again soon.

Time to crack on with those Christmas cards!

Crafty hugs to you all.

Carole x


6 comments:

  1. Both are so elegant Carol, lovely soft pinks and looks like another LH folder I just might need.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, Carole, I love these cards. I think just embossing the folders is enough to create a gorgeous card, but you really take them up a notch with your ink and dauber! Love the letterpress one, too!

    I'm going to go ahead and enter one of these in the NBUS gallery (I deleted the other card) for you, no worries. This post needs to be shared to inspire others like it has inspired me. I'll send you an email soon. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are lovely Carole. Very pretty embossing and inking xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole, two pretty cards and love the soft colouring on both. I should really use my embossing folders more often, have a wonderful week... Megan in Aus
    p.s. have you considered entering a challenge dedicated to embossing? the blog is called Can you handle the pressure, and you can find them here, https://cyhtp.blogspot.com/2022/10/anything-goes-embossing-with-twist-of_01661511860.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards!! I really love the subtle touches of color on the flowers for your first card. Thanks for sharing with us over at NBUS. Hope to see you again. Bonnie GDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous..so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete