Tuesday 22 November 2022

More embossing

 Hi friends!

 I hope this finds you well and in Christmas mode? I have to admit to struggling a bit in that sense. I have got my cards of to Australia and I think I packed my mojo and inspiration with them!

Anyway  one of my friends and her hubby celebrated their Anniversary. the card too over a week to get there and sadly missed the day...if only I had posted it earlier as it sat on the shelf looking at me for over a week!

Here it is.....



This is another new embossing folder that I bought at Stamparama. It is again a Lisa Horton and comes with a die to cut the image out.

I stencilled a memory box background on my card and coloured and cut the embossed peony, placing it on top  of the trellis. A die cut sentiment finished it off.

Having since watched Lisa with her embossing folders I think I did it the wrong way round...I embossed, coloured and then cut and in doing so of course flattened the embossing a bit...lesson learnt for next time, cut colour ad emboss last...but not sure how good the colouring would be on an unembossed image! perhaps if you have done it you could let me know. There are no stencils to this set.

Thank you so much for stopping by...I know it is a busy time for all right now. but your visits are so much appreciated. 

Back soon with the Oz Christmas makes!

Till then take care everyone

Crafty hugs

Carole xx

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. Such a lovely embossed flowers. I like Lisa Horton's stuff. Clever to partially emboss the background which gives extra interest. I can't help you with the dilemma. Could you emboss again after? But it would have to be bang on or it would look as though you were drunk when you made it. lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. I'm just about sorted with Christmas card making but other than that, I like to keep Christmas in December to make it feel a bit more special x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I’m glad I’m not the only one making the die cutting and embossing mistake (did it on my snippets card).

    No matter - your card is so pretty and very feminine Carole. Lovely. X

    ReplyDelete