Friday 1 July 2022

'Special friends'

 Well how did it get to July? No Christmas cards done here either! Instead its'Special friend time. Now I don't have a lot of friends...I know!, but those I do have are all very special to me. Here are two cards made with the same stamp and die set from Julie Hickey.

The first one is paper pieced and coloured with copic markers....


and the second one I cut a stencil of the flower from card, inked through it with oxides and then lay the stamped die cut over the inking....so cutting the die served two purposes so to speak.



Thank you for stopping by and to those of you who take the time to leave me a comment...a special Thank You to you. They are so much appreciated.

Time and life seem to be flying past  and I am sure you are finding the same. I don't seem to get much time or enthusiasm for crafting as life and its jobs/commitments get in the way. 

I hope you are all keeping well and still staying safe...Unfortunately I am hearing of more people catching Covid here in the UK and being quite poorly with it. If you are under the weather I hope you feel better soon.

Have a lovely weekend wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

Crafty hugs

Carole xx

6 comments:

  1. Both cards are really pretty Carole. Julie Hickey's designs are lovely.
    I like the way you've used the die in two different ways. Perfect.
    Take care and stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how different each card looks, Carole and I really like that you used one of the cuts as a stencil. I know what you mean about getting time/inclination to craft - but I do enjoy it when I make the time. It is a bit worrying about the rise in Covid cases, but I hope you stay safe.
    Take care.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beauties, Carole, both so different but equally gorgeous! Clever to make a stencil from the die! Covid is really rampant here, too, but not on the news because people are testing themselves. You only know because as you talk to folks you know, you hear of every family having it in some way. Crazy. Take care and keep safe, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very pretty cards using the same die in unique ways... its a very nice and stylised flower, has a daffodil look to it. Like yourself I have very little time to craft at present, too many things going on and of course.. work!

    Take care and enjoy the glorious weather we're basking in at the moment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are absolutely beautiful! I love the inlaid die look... Sorry I haven't been around... Stay well Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better late than never, here I am. I recently succumbed to some Julie Hickey stamps, they are so pretty. You've used these stamps and dies beautifully, I really like the die cut edging on the second. It gives such a pretty look. Currently melting in the heatwave. I hope you are well and have somewhere cool to go. x

    ReplyDelete