Monday 10 December 2018

Down by the river?

Hello friends
 Sorry it's been longer than I thought since I posted but the Christmas trees, decorations etc just had to be done and the last of the shopping...the odd card too! Also there was hubby's birthday to celebrate!

So my offering this post is the card I made for him....Not a Christmas card in sight!


It's pretty self explanatory of course and uses one of  Phill Martins recent stamps that I bought at Ally Pally..the detail is phenomenal on this stamp.
I stamped in black Versafine ink and then quickly embossed with clear powder.
Then Idid the background with distress inks....more practice required here I think.Lastly stamped the sentiments in Versafine and mounted  up.
Here you can see the shine from the embossed image.



...so there we have it, and I am pleased to say hubby loved it....and as long as the recipient likes , then that is all that matters isn't it?

Ok that's it for now as I now have to go and make a last Christmas card...yes you guessed it...for hubby!....

Thank you for popping in, your visits and lovely comments are so very much appreciated (hugs to all).

I hope you are all well on with all your preparations and not too stressed. Take care,stay well and above all enjoy the season!

I will be back before Christmas...promise.
Bye for now
Love Carole xx

5 comments:

  1. That is a lovely image and beautiful against your bright sky. I like the pretty blend of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrummy - I added this stamp to my wish list! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be well upset if he didn't love it, it's stunning Carole!! The background is perfect for the beautiful stamp. I managed to get my tree and decs up yesterday. It took me 4 1/2 hours. Did the finishing touches and cleaning the house this morning. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, its so serene looking especially with the blended sky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card for your Hubby and the blending of background colours is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete