Monday 16 April 2018

Gone Fishing

Hi there everyone!...Monday again!..but at least the sun is shining here today and the promise of a warmer week...fingers crossed. I hope it is spring like where you are.

Another male card and this time ...fishing....


Not my idea of fun but each to their own. I would rather be stood in warm water in the Med with a cocktail in my hand!..lol

I used a Kraft card for my base for a change and the background paper and image are from an old Making Cards for Men magazine...see I knew it would be useful one day! The ribbon I had in my stash...probably used it before for the same person!! The sentiment and Candi are Craftwork Cards.
The black mats were cut with a Sue Wilson double pierced squares die.......but they looked flat when the card was put together so I took my silver pen and highlighted each pierce.... it corresponded to the sentiment and I am really pleased as it lifted the whole thing.

So what wonderful plans have you got for this week? Nothing exciting happening here...just looking forward to some sunshine and warmth.

OK folks...tea/coffee break over...back to it! Thank you for stopping by and sharing my makes and also if you leave me a comment...an extra hug for you this week. You make me smile.

Take care friends

Crafty hugs
Carole xx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, I'm with you, standing in the med! Great male card tho' highlighting the dots is a genius idea. It's been a little warmer here today but hoping the promise of better weather comes to pass. We bought new garden furniture so it will be my fault if it rains for the next 6 months!!
    Take care, liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design love what you did on the edge it looks fabulous really finishes the gorgeous card Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a perfect masculine card, its a super image and the ribbon ties the whole card together for the fishing enthusiast... never seen the fun standing knee deep in cold water myself but that's men for you... strange lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's warm here but not at all sunny! Your card is a super masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you went over the pierces with a silver pen...looks really sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a brilliant job of designing around that fisher dude's picture, Carole! And that ribbon is amazing; they think of everything, don't they? Way to use your schtuff! I'm with you on your preferred hollibobs, but I'll be in the chaise lounge under a very large beach umbrella, sipping my cocktail and waving to you out there in the water!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card and perfect for a fisherman Carole, but I'm definitely off with you in the Med! It's a cold, very wet and miserable day here today but hopefully we'll have a bit more sunshine tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I definitely agree! I have a fisherman in the family too and this is perfect, thanks for the inspiration
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete