Wednesday 14 February 2018

Happy Valentine's Day!

Yes..........Happy Valentine's day to all my friends and followers!

Here's hubby's card........


An aperture cut in a piece of linen card with a dictionary page behind it...note it is the 'v' page with the definition of Valentine...you can just see it above the heart if you look closely. The heart is a Sizzix heart cut from a snippet of red mirri card and the sentiments are Uniko. I felt it just needed the small gems to bring it to life. It' a 7 inch square card by the way.

I am not a fan of making cards for men I have to say and even less for valentine...I don't know why I find it so hard...but I do!

I hope you have all received at least one valentine card today....good job hubby got mine as all the postie brought him was a letter from the tax man...brown envelope so NOT a Valentine me thinks!!..lol...........having said that the postie brought me zilch....got a lovely card from hubby though.

We got engaged on valentines day 26 years ago, so tonight we are celebrating with M&S dine in for two.....pretty glad when you look out the window today...wet and sleety, cold , grey and miserable...nice to be in the warm all cosy and romantic...or am I just getting old?

I do hope you enjoy your Valentines night however you are celebrating...if you do of course.

Thanks for popping by and enjoy the rest of your week..........and if you leave me some love in the way of a comment then....... mwah..............Thank you, I love to read them all.

Take care
Hugs
Carole xx

Challenges entered:-

Snippets Playground week #319.........Snippet of red card and dictionary page

Casology #287....................................Together

AAA Cards Challenge #108................All you need is love

Card Mania..#101.......................................Red and Hearts

Allsorts. #454...............................................Love is in the air

26 comments:

  1. No valentines for me - it's dear husbands birthday so we concentrate on that - if you can call a trip to Aldi concentrating on his birthday???!
    Weather here is Horrendous with a capital H!
    This is a fab CAS card Carole and right up my street - love it. (Clever clogs!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card you made for your hubby Carole. What a great design. Enjoy your romantic evening together. Hugs, Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very classy card Carole, I like the dictionary snippet with the Valentine definition on show, I also think those little XOXOs are just the cutest. A nice CAS design and I hope you both enjoy your cosy night in together x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super creation for our 'love is in the air' theme at Allsorts challenge this week, many thanks for joining in. B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful, yet Cas design. Hope you had a lovely evening. Been dry all day here in Suffolk but heavy rain tonight. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very elegant Valentines creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever you’ve been with the dictionary paper! Fabulous card and nice and CAS too. Thanks for playing along with the current AAA Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card and so elegant. I think most of us find men's cards hard as you can't just add a flower, butterfly or something cute. You struck gold here though, with your idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Carole - and I love how you inset the definition. Just perfect! How romantic, getting engaged on Valentine's Day - hope you had a lovely meal. Those deals are great and it's certainly nicer than fighting with all the other diners in restaurants on such a popular day.

    Len managed to buy me a pop up box card - I'll show it on the blog sometime. Of course I did a good inspection of it and it's exactly how we make our versions - only it's probably better! He also smuggled in a huge bouquet of red roses on Tuesday and kept them hidden from me (kept in a waste bin filled with water as well) until almost 24 hours later! Just shows I don't go poking around in cool places here!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, perfect for this weeks challenge.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carole this is so nice. I think CAS cards are not easy to make but yours is great!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Carole, love the super design with the dictionary page behind the heart. Hope you had a fabulous valentine's meal xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super CAS card, Carole. Lovely design. I love the "v" for Valentine dictionary page. Thanks very much for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a classic look and so pretty too! Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your gorgeous CAS card Carole, the design with the paper behind the aperture is so clever and you are right the tiny red gems are the perfect finishing touch :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a very sweet card, Carole! I zoomed to see what page you used for the background before I read the post. This is a smart add on to this card. I hope you had a beautiful evening that day. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet card. I like the dictionary piece behind the foil heart. Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful and elegant CAS design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect Valentine for your hubby! What a fun day to have gotten engaged too. That way it's always easy to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant CAS card I love this idea especially the dictionary page fab idea Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hiya, you old soppy romantic! This is actually very elegant and a wee bit posh! Attention to detail too with the dictionary page, love that idea.
    We had M&S as well, both down with a horrible head cold that has lingered with awful coughing fits, not so romantic.
    A touch of spring in the air today and crocus out in the park so hoping winter is on the way out, Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is brilliant, love the design. Congrats on being picked by Di.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Carole,
    congrats on being featured in the snippets playground with this wonderful card.
    Such a super design.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Carole

    A real beauty!! My kind of card .. .. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

    Hope you had a lovely romantic day!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This design is just everything a Valentine should be, Carole! I adore it and so agree with Di in choosing it as a featured entry at the Playground! Just superb!! Happy 26th anniversary of your engagement ~ very romantic!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete