Wednesday 11 January 2017

Peony Power!!

Hello there everyone!
Well January is already whizzing past isn't it!...doesn't bode well for the rest of the year does it! I haven't made any new year resolutions this time...they never last, and always I vow to sort out my crafty stash and cull the collection somewhat...never happens...it 'might just come in' is the saying that springs to mind...ring any bells?

I have a Birthday card to share using my Altenew Peony layering stamps and matching dies. The embossing folder I used is from Crafters Companion...Sara's Birthday collection.....a lovely folder and I die cut part of a circle with a Spellbinder die and then embossed the panel which was then raised on foam pads as was the flower. I highlighted 'Happy Birthday' with some ancient Sakura stardust pens...still good to use!


and for that bit of sparkle I winked the flower!



am really pleased with how this turned out so i made two more in different colours.



Thank you for stopping by and for any lovely comments you may choose to leave me.....lifes events have taken over here so my crafting is sporadic at the moment, as is my commenting but I do keep having a sneaky peak at the wonderful creations you are posting......I will catch up soon!

Sunny and very windy here today...so if you are experiencing wild weather...take care...leave the brolly at home....or give us a wave as you blow over...lol!!

crafty hugs
Carole xx

Challenges entered ;_

Pixies Snippets Playground weeks 263/264.....................flowers cut from snippets of white card
Alphabet Challenge blog..................................................V for violet
Wednesdays creative Inspiration Challenge blog 266......Fabulous flowers

25 comments:

  1. Your cards are absolutely fantastic Carole. The flowers are beautiful and I love the colours you've used on them. The cut away circle looks really good. In fact I really like everything about your beautiful cards. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooooooooo! I am having a tantrum and stamping my foot! I soooo wanted these stamps - in fact I wanted ALL of Altenews flower ones... and that was the downside - I couldn't make my mind up and ended up with....
    NONE.
    Poo!
    Which isn't the description of these cards Carole - cos they're scrummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh lovely. Flower, embossing folder and offset circle - I love them all. If I saw these cards in a shop I wouldn't be surprised. I'm accepting that time does whoosh now so my only resolution is - don't waste time! How about using the crafty stash instead of getting rid of it? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I managed to buy the 98 Altenew stamps they had on Create and Craft a couple of weeks ago. I already had 2 sets that were free on Magazines and loved them. Your card design is fantastic and love the colour. I love my old Stardust pens and they last for years!! Hope you are ok. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carole, what a great idea: cutting out the circle and putting a flower into the open space! Thank you for showing!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet set of cards! The design is awesome and and i love the bit of wink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Carole, Love the design with the embossed fronts and the wonderful flower.
    I guess it will soon be time to have that goodbye cuddle.... I know how it feels and will be thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant design and such pretty cards Carole. Poppng the flowers into the die cut circles is really clever - wonderful colouring too!

    Hugs from a very warm and sunny Portugal -so far that is :)

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are perfect i love this design gorgeous Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carole. Wow what beautiful flowers....all 3 cards make a stunning trio. Keep snug and take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh they're gorgeous Carole! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! These are just stunning Sis, really, really beautifulxx
    Big Hugs,
    Sis xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards Carole. The card layout you have used is fabulous and I love the way you have highlighted the embossing folder details.
    Thank you for joining us at Alphabet challenge.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards, love how you used the embossing folder here so clever and the flowers look perfect especially with that spring of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards, Carole. Love the embossing folder you've used and the clever touch highlighting a couple of the words with a pen. Really lovely images too, my favourite is the purple one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Carole! You are right! My gosh, I feel like we should still be in 2016 .. and yet we are already halfway through Jan. Oh my gosh! :(

    As for your cards .. they are all so GORGEOUS!!! I love the design of them and all that pretty sparkles! Hope you're doing well!

    Big hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are fabulous. Great design & beautiful colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Carole
    Stunning card... love the flower... and the Embossing folder... really like the cards...
    hugs Sylvie xx
    My Grand daughter not my great grand daughter... lol...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous cards Carole, great use of the embossing folder with the cut out circle to the wonderful Peony.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hiya, thanks for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment. Seeing these I dont think your mojo has gone that far at all! Take care, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE this - just seen it showcased in the playground. Your placement of the embossing folder is wonderful - the flower gorgeous and that touch of stella looks fab. In lovely colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can't believe I missed these - absolutely gorgeous Carole and I love all the colours

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  24. PS - I have a mountain of stuff that 'might just come in' xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Swoon, swoon and swoon! Carole, these are some of the prettiest showcases of this Altenew Peony I've seen! The embossing and aperture are the perfect pairings for your lovely blooms, who certainly deserve their solo performances on the stage! The shimmer certainly adds to the impact! WOW...
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete