Wednesday 14 September 2016

Summery flowers

Good Morning (just) friends!

Yes it's nearly mid-day, the sun is shining and while 'down South'  hit record temperatures for September yesterday, here further North in West Yorkshire it was hot , but then clouded over in the afternoon and yesterday evening the sky was black, fabulous lightening, no thunder and a slight shower! Weird weather!!

So while summer clings on I have a summery birthday card to share that I made for a special friends 80th!.....



The papers are from Sara Davies as is the border die and  the string flowers are Sue Wilson...cut with snippets of the plain pink and patterned paper. Sorry I can't remember the name of the circular die...but could look it out if anyone really wants to know, and the sentiment was computer generated.

Well we are mid-week, do hope yours is going well if not too fast as usual.
 What have you got lined up for the weekend? I do envy all of you that might be lucky enough to attend the show at Ally Pally... a bit too far from here I am afraid. Don't forget the plastic !!.....no not the raincoat type.....your flexible friend of course!!

Take care, keep well and enjoy whatever you may do.
Till next time
Crafty hugs
Carole xx


Challenges entered :-

Pixies snippets playground..................Week 246 (flowers and central circles)
Creative Inspirations  .........................Anything goes
A Bit More Time To Craft..................Anything goes
Cuttlebug Mania..................................Anything goes with dies

16 comments:

  1. Carole your card is absolutely gorgeous. That paper is so pretty and the wavy border looks amazing. I'm sure your friend absolutely loved it. I'd keep that up for weeks. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole
    This is a stunning card...love the shape Die ... Think I have this one... Must look it out...papers are gorgeous to ...
    Hugs Sylviexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and love the papers and design. Great shape. Sticky yesterday and very hot today here in Lowestoft. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Carole - this really is a stunner! I adore the wavy border - a fabulous idea!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the combination of all the dies on your card and together with the gorgeous floral DP that is one utterly stunning design!
    The weather at the moment really is crazy isn't it? We had sunshine for a lot of the day before it clouded over, and it was very muggy, but no thunderstorms. Then this morning was wall to wall thick mist/fog and now it's sunny again!
    I would love to be going to Ally Pally too, but I will be celebrating my Father-in-law's 70th birthday...so should still be having a good time and at least my bank balance won't be suffering - lol!
    I hope you have a good weekend :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the papers, the shape and the die cut edge. So pretty, lucky friend! Weird weather here too, so hot and sticky, I had to sit down and visit some blogs when I have a ton of things to do. But it's ok, no-one knows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card Carole. The paper is gorgeous and I love the the curved edge - so elegant and perfect for the occasion. We had flash floods near us and an amazing lightening show but it was all gone in a couple of hours.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunner Carole, such pretty papers and I love the die, haven't heard of Sara Davies, will have to look her up! We are going to Germany next week, made a card at last, will post it when we get back, it's for Annelie's birthday.. it's taken me forever to do.. hope all is well with you:)
    Love and Hugs,
    Sis xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful 80th birthday card Carol, the papers you've used are gorgeous.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! Just perfect for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That border die just amazes me...what a gorgeous card Carol!I love the design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this fortnight.
    CraftyNatalie- DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh this card is beyond stunning! What a gorgeous edge and beautiful flowers! Perfect 80 th birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! From the beautiful paper, to the gorgeous edging, to the pretty flowers, this card is a knock-out! Perfect for your friend's 80th birthday (or any age, for that matter)! Yes, we're having odd weather, too...rain, rain and more rain! Today is sunny (so far...shhhhh...), but the wind has its autumn crispness...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete