Friday 11 December 2015

Dizzy Dizzy on the Merry go Round!

Hello my friends! how are you all?

Well we are at the end of another week and just 2 weeks from the big event! Aaaagh I hear you all shout.......me too......still whizzing round and round in circles. I think someone put me on a Merry go Round and I can't get off because it won't stop!

OK .....another card based on creative expressions and Sue Wilson dies again....I have to say I love her dies.



I used a Crafters Companion embossing folder for the holly background.... stamped first with the Merry Christmas also Crafters Companion.

The tile is a double layer as the top layer is cut from the white card with the outer edge in place.It's a two piece die.Underneath I did another layer but this time I just embossed with the inner die first and then cut the embossed piece out with the outer die. It was a bit of a juggle to get the pressure right so as to see the outline but not cut into my card at all...even with the rubber mat in place. This was so that I could see where the holly leaves would be and colour them in on the embossed piece, which I did.... with copics and a 'wink of stella clear' on top. ......Then I mounted one on top of the other and then on to my card.
Gems for the berries!  Holly bottom right...... and that's it!

If I did it again I would try maybe grey for the sentiment as I think it is a bit too bold in the black.

Still got a list of chores (note they have progressed from jobs now) in front of me and housework is on it too...sadly neglected of late....best not to wear my specs then I can't see the dust! So by Monday I hope to have them all crossed off the list bar icing the cake.How are your jobs coming along?

Thank you for calling in...I know you are all busy too, I have passed a few of you this last week..... whizzing.... just like me................and then someone put the Merry go Round in the playground! Guess a few of you might be leaping on there with me too. Bags I the horse with the Gold saddle!......please....

Your time and lovely comments are all so much appreciated and I hope you will visit again next week when I will have some more cards to share.

Have a lovely weekend everyone......whatever the weather and wherever you are (try saying that after a few mulled wines).

Yawn yawn...time for bed.....night night
Love Carole xx


6 comments:

  1. Great card Carole. Love the embossing- like you I sometimes think black can be quite harsh but it looks OK to me on this card!
    If you do another try green or red!! Only cos it's Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend, your holly and berries card, with the lovely embossing, highlights of colour, whisper of shimmer and wonderful sentiment, which, the way, I find marvelously striking, is ever so classy and elegant! My to do list *still* has "finish and mail" Christmas cards on it, "finish and mail" last few days of Advent Countdown on it AND after that, clean, clean and clean! Crafting has taken over pretty much everything, so the dust bunnies have been multiplying rapidly, the laundry has become mountainous and the ironing...oh my! At least I'm being somewhat productive, in that I have a bunch of card panels made, awaiting their turn in the queue to be affixed to bases. Assembly line happening! Wishing you a wonderful day; may the 'hectic' be delightfully festive!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous design and just a touch of colour is perfect. Great texture with the embossing. I have to dust all my boxes ready for the move on Tuesday. They have been packed for so long and the ones I can't reach, even have cobwebs on them!! Hugs, Carol s.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole! yes, I agree, a busy time of the year for all! I am finally managing some visits to a few blogs today. I really like the cards you have been making with those Sue Wilson dies... they are just gorgeous!That embossing is so elegant for a background,too.

    Well, I best keep going, a few more blogs and then I better go wrap the Christmas presents I bought this afternoon! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Carole! Oooh! Another most GORGEOUS creation! Gosh I love how you do these .. simply so ELEGANT with all those intricate die cuts! And the dry embossing on the background .. another most beautiful touch too!

    I wish you and your family a most beauuuutiful holiday season! It's getting closer!!!!! heheheheh! :)

    Big hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Carole love this fabulous die what a sensational classy card its made I just love it its all fabulous.I'm not far behind you whizzing around I hope by Friday I can get in a slower gear but till then its full on. Take care Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete