Friday 21 August 2015

Anniversary

Hello..........is anybody there?.........Oh Hi...I thought you might all of despaired of my tardy blogging and wandered off to better things. I have been peeking in on you to see your creative talents...love what I see...................you are one talented bunch of friends.!

OK.......well I have been crafting...just a bit (knitting, colouring etc)...honest...just not a lot to blog...except this card for an Anniversary.
I caught part of a Create and Craft program the other day and it was Honey Doo crafts. Amanda (the owner and designer) showcased her fancy Flourish ...so....I decided to get mine out (yes I have that stamp) and have a play as it has never seen any ink!

Here goes.........


The background paper is from a Wild Rose Studio paper stack called Silverton Hall. I was lucky to win this in some of Kate's candy (Downright crafty) a while back. Such pretty papers and soft colours, great for weddings and the like. It has specks of glamour dust added but the photo does not show it unfortunately.
I stamped the 'fancy flourish' and the 'rose' (both Honey Doo) and heat embossed with Wow Platinum powder..............then I rediscovered my twinkling H2O's......do remember them? have you some lurking in the back of the cupboard? I decided to paint the flourish and the rose with Irredescent Blue to tone with the paper...............


and there you can see the shimmer in the light.
The sentiment is from my stash and I embossed it with the same Wow powder and used a die from stash (sorry can't remember the make) to cut it out and to layer it up on foam pads for a bit of dimension.So there we have it.

Well it's the weekend again..............don't they come round quickly. Have you anything nice planned? No we are not painting..............thank goodness...........all done, but can't get rid of the smell yet! Nothing planned for us....no doubt hubby will be in the garden if it is nice..............and I could be ...........washing..............I mean crafting. Actually I have some serious sorting to do in the room of stash. All depends if I am in the mood. My mojo has been awol, playing with other peoples in the same boat I think...................hoping for it's return full of new ideas! and bearing a rocket as a gift for me might be a good idea! I need a boost for sure.

Take care my good friends and enjoy your weekend. Thank you for stopping by to see me, I hope you will come back again soon, and if you have left a comment to make me even happier, Mwah....thank you so much,any feedback is much appreciated.
Take care of yourselves till next time.
Crafty hugs
Carole xx


Challenges entered:-

Pixies Snippets Challenge.................Snippets of card (blue and white) and ribbon

11 comments:

  1. Carole, your card is beautiful all soft and gentle with just a touch of shimmer. Stunning.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Carole. I enjoy reading your blog as it always makes me smile. Have a Happy Sunday. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole! Day off today - A quick visit - sorry can't comment on everything - am hoping to have a couple of hours this afternoon with some stamps and inks (2 weeks till am home properly!)- beautiful card. Hope you're having a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole - elegant, classy, and beautiful, with a touch of glimmer - love it! You just reminded me that yes, I do have a box full of used twinkling H2O's! They were my fave colouring option years ago, then Copics came on the scene. Funny how some crafting things are put in a cupboard and forgotten.
    Have a happy week - Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fabulous what a stunning card I'm loving that stamp its perfect and the colours are just right especially that platinum embossing powder gorgeous Enjoy your week love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carole, your posts make me smile! "A rocket for a boost"...brilliant! The debut of your flourish: exquisite! Stamping on the patterned paper, then painting it with H20s (I have a small set, hidden in the cupboard come to think of it),creates such impact...shimmery, glimmery, gorgeous! An anniversary card to be treasured, for sure! Knitting? You knit? We need to see photos, please! I know how to knit - very elementary skills - and with fall coming around, feel the urge to pick up the needles and deal with some of the mountain of wool I have sitting about. Actually, prior to the card-making obsession...I mean, passion....I was all over knitting, learning the basics from youtube videos and a fabulous book, Stitch and...well, you know the next word...rhymes with stitch and starts with B. It's marvelous for a beginner! I made scarves...that's about it! I'd love to learn to knit-in-the-round. One of these days. I also discovered that the knitting boutique (pricey...) that closed has reopened and offers, knitting get-togethers. May have to check it out...Wishing your an amazing Monday and thank you for being such an incredibly friend! Virtual hug heading your way!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flourish and a very elegant card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carole! LOVE this card, how ell the flourish stamp goes with the paper and it was genius to paint the stamped image with H2O's! I have a ton (think I have every colour in the range) and - shame on me - I forget just how lovely they are! Need to remedy that soon :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carole ! Oh my goodness your stamps flourish on the patterned paper is simple elegant! What a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carole! OoH gosh .. I know what you mean about not really blogging much .. lol! And the days do pass rather too quickly. :(

    As for your card ... it's simply STUNNING! Wowwww! That flourish is so BEAUTIFUL and I love the shimmer on that! I can only imagine how it must look in person!

    Wishing you a wonderful day!

    Big Hugs to you,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  11. That paper is gorgeous, and just a beautiful background for the stamp! VERY pretty!

    I have been busy trying to get my laptop back to normal. It's on warranty and I do have tech support. I spent every afternoon last week on the phone trying to fix it. I think it's back to normal now! It was hard to blog without it, but I did use my hubby's work computer a bit and managed to get my posts done! Isn't it funny how we rely so much on our computers?!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete