Friday 19 September 2014

I'm back!

Hello blogging friends! I am back from my hols...Lanzarote...nice and warm and sunny, unlike here. I think I forgot to pack the sunshine on my return.

To add to my absence when we got home the computer wouldn't work...so that's been repaired thankfully but while it was away it gave me plenty of  time to catch up on the washing ..and that horrible job the ironing...just a bit left to do now..... and here I am at last. I will get around to seeing all the wonderful creations that I am sure I have missed.........very soon.

OK enough waffle and on to the card that I made for my Son and Daughter in Laws first wedding Anniversary! (yes the couple that moved recently) I can't believe it is a year since I was transporting a wedding cake all the way from West Yorkshire to Ilfracombe in the car boot! Where does that time go?


I have had this idea in my mind for a while so I saved it for their card. I used both the positive and negative of a Memory Box die (sorry I can't remember what they call it). The die cuts the thin strip of the hearts and leaves the negative without the dividing lines formed by the hearts (hope you understand that).I put some glitter card behind the negative and then glued the die cut back in.The sentiment was of course computer generated and then the front panel was mounted on 3D foam for dimension.

I am happy with how this one turned out unlike the last card I posted. Thank you for all your comments and suggestions on that one. I guess really we are sometimes just too critical of our own work but I am sure I am not alone when I say that we get feelings about how a card has turned out...and we have our favourites.

Well it is raining here which doesn't bode well for hubby getting the grass cut tomorrow. Fingers crossed for some sunshine. I have plenty to keep me occupied in the way of catch up.....the last bits of ironing and then ...the cleaning...groan!!.but I might just be tempted to leave it all and head for LOTV for a couple of hours to their Christmas party. I hope I might bump into some blogging friends there to share a coffee and a natter.

Thank you for stopping by once again in your busy schedules...it is so much appreciated as are any lovely comments you may leave me too.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and take care.
Hugs
Carole xx

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back Carole. love the card, very neat classy card, love it!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Carol! What a beautiful card, I am sure they will love it! I can't believe a year has gone already, feels like yesterday when we were sat chatting about the wedding cake!

    Say hi to everyone at LOTV for me if you pop in tomorrow, would love to of joined you for a coffee and natter but I have a poorly car! Can't complain tho as it means I get to see Mom and Dad this weekend as Dad's going to fix my little car!

    Will catch up soon! Huggles Debs X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Carole. Love the design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a favorite! This is a stunning CAS card, I love all the white space, it just shows off the beautiful hearts. I like how you used the negative of the die, too. Very clever. Hope the sun shines soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to have you back, bet you had a great time. This is gorgeous, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Where are those Star Trek transporters when you need them, as I'd be more than delighted to meet you for coffee and a natter!! Your card: stunning. As in STUNNING! Love the die, the colours, the sweet sentiment...and yes, time passes quickly!! Your visits to my blog have put a bounce in my step and happy in my heart!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Carole x How lovely of you to make them a first anniversary card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. very classy and elegant love this
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a lovely holiday! Sorry it's taken me so long to visit, I'm behind with commenting yet again! I love your card, the design is so stylish - I love how you've used the positive and negative.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Carole! OOOH wow! This is GORGEOUS! Love the design of this .. it's just STUNNING!!!

    Glad you had a wonderful holiday!!!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful anniversary card Carole - love how you added the sparkly hearts! Hope you had a good time at LOTV - oops - missed that one - I didn't realise the Xmas party was in September!
    Have a lovely day - Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete