Friday 15 November 2013

40 days!!

Hi friends - that's 40 days till Christmas and despite  my New Years Resolution for 2013 (that failed miserably in January) I still have to get really stuck into making my Christmas cards! There always seem to be something else to do! The craft room has just become a dumping ground because most unlike me nothing seems to have been put away recently( I am usually a neat freak) and I feel I have a need to get in there and have a good sort before I can make even more mess. Does anyone else know that feeling?

Anyway, here is one Christmas card I have managed.



When I saw this stamp I just couldn't resist it. I think it is called scenic Christmas Bauble and it is from Creative Expressions - -stamps to die for. I cut the co-ordinating mat fro Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2011 in black . The background I embossed with a snowflake embossing folder. You cannot see it very well in the photo but there is glamour dust on the image for that snowy sparkle. I added the bows for a finishing touch. I normally would raise the image or the mat to give a bit more dimension but I realised that if it were to be posted, then flat is better both practically and cost wise. Quite a quick and effective card which I am sure would look good in other colour combinations too.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to peek. Also thanks to those who leave such nice comments and to my new follower, it is so nice to have blogging friends and cheering to know I am not just talking to myself. It makes my day if you leave me a comment.

Hope you all have a nice weekend whatever you may be doing - maybe I will make a start in the craft room - not promising though!
Take care
Carole

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Carole!! this is gorgeous, love the white and black combination, love the embossing too!.. bought quiet a few embossing folders and really must get them out and use them lol!! Know what you mean about your craft room lol!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx
    PS... nearly there with the kitchen, hopefully this week will see the end of it lol!! (Maybe!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole! OOh this is GORGEOUS! Love the colors and your design! Truly looks like a Christmas card that should be sold in stores!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete