Sunday 18 August 2024

Anniversary

 Hi Friends.....how are you all doing?

Today is the Anniversary of some friends so I made this card for them.....



I had the idea in my mind (as you do) but not quite like it eventually turned out..lol! I spent more time faffing ad pondering than I did finally finishing it, and that was after I had walked away for a couple of hours and come back to it with fresh eyes. Do you do that?

This is an old stamp from Chloe, stamped and embossed with wow platinum powder and then the tiny dots applied with liquid pears in ...???  you guessed it ..Platinum. The sentiment was stamped with Versafine Clair Morning Mist.

I edged the card with a silver leaf pen . Anyone remember them? It saved a layer of card for posting. A layer of pale pink and a little butterfly with a few tiny pink pearls.  Much quicker to write about than execute..lol! Jury still a bit out on it here.

Life is busy with  various appointments and all the usual chores one can only leave so long, so apologies for my sporadic blogging..

Today is dull and breezy, the sun seems to have bunked off..again.... and I feel that the short summer we had here in the UK...last month infact...is over and we are heading for Autumn already. The shops are getting their autumn clothes in and I for one think it is far too soon!

Is it the same where you are? Do you feel that retail always pushes us too quickly into the next season?

If you are yet to have your summer break..enjoy!

Hoping this finds you all well and happy.

See you soon

Crafty hugs 

Carole x



6 comments:

  1. I think your anniversary card is very special. I love that stamp and it looks so good embossed in platinum. I can imagine all the indecision and process that went on because I am just the same. Your finished card is just perfect though. The happy couple will love it. Thanks for your visit to me today and lovely comment. I completely understand that time disappears and it is hard to keep up with blogging, but I hope we might see a few more of your lovely cards in the months to come xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful stylish card, it looks fabulous in pink and silver.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soft colours are perfect with that platinum embossing Carole and I really like that stamp! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole, a gorgeous card and love the silver leaf pen, I sometimes use an embossing pen to trim the edges of cards adding the same powder as used elsewhere on the design. Today our neighbours have some pink flowers beginning to show as Spring arrives here. Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an elegant CAS card, Carole and I agree with you that sometimes they are the hardest to make. I think you stopped at the perfect time for this gorgeous clean design. We have been promised another surge of summer but I'm yet to see it here and like you I feel autumn creeping in. I even saw Christmas baubles in one shop yesterday. I'm a fan of getting my cards made throughput the year but baubles on sale in August!!! I hope the recuperation continues to go well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your anniversary card for your friends is so lovely! Beautiful silver heart and pretty pink butterfly!

    ReplyDelete