Friday 14 June 2024

The Hunter!

 Hello there friends! 

Sorry for the long break but as you know I've had surgery on my shoulder which is well on the mend , but a long re-hab of physio now in play. It is surprising how much time it takes out of your day doing exercises. How does anyone find time to go to the gym I ask myself?

Crafting has been well on the back burner and still is to a point but I did manage to make a card for my eldest sons birthday last month.......


Sorry the photo is a bit dark.

The owl is a 'Crafty Individual stamp' and the rest of the stamps used are a mix from stash...some Lavinia.

The background is a Scene Scape I have had for ages and it saved me doing an inky background. I coloured the owl and tree stump with copics. My only regret is that I did not add the moon that is included with the owl stamp, or even make one of my own, but for a first attempt post op I felt it was OK.

I didn't add a sentiment on the outside as I thought I might spoil it, but there is one inside of course.

My inspiration came from watching U tube videos of Jo Rice (head design team member for Lavinia) in order to get my crafty fix..............I could watch her forever, such a talented and lovely person.  

I hope you are all well and for those of you in the UK, I am sure like me you waiting for 'summer' !! Do you think we will get any.?

Right I have an appt with a new vacuum now...well it beats a medical appt..and there are plenty of those!

Thank you so much if you have popped by to see if I am around...hopefully I have appeared in your feed if you are a follower. Lovely to see you....... Please let me know you have called in.

Love and crafty hugs

Carole xx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, I am pleased to hear that you are OK and making progress. Keep up those exercises won't you, they make all the difference to your long term recovery, but I know how much time they can take and that is always a challenge. Love your card, such a lovely misty scene. Bet your sone loved it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to see you back blogging, Carole. Hope your recovery continues to go well. Your card is beautiful, I love how you've framed the lovely owl. I could watch Jo Rice demonstrating forever too. I was lucky enough to go to the Lavinia Open Day in Ruthin last October and watched Jo demonstrating for ages. She is such a lovely, talented lady. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to know things are progressing with your shoulder Carole and totally agree with out on the time it takes, I am certain the NHS think when you reach a certain age you have nothing else to occupy your time.

    Your Lavinia card is beautifully done and I am sure your Sun will love his special card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popped back as I received a failure notice but see my comment is there after all and with some dodgy typos!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You popped into my head (I've not checked my feed on a regular basis) and I thought I would stop in for a visit and lucky me, I see that you have posted! Your card for your son is a smashing design for a guy, Carole! The background suits the owl perfectly. Love your coloring and don't miss the moon at all! I'm delighted that you are well enough to be crafting and typing! Continued healing! Lots of hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete