Sunday 7 May 2023

'The simple things in life.'

 Hi friends..far and wide, and closer to home. how are you all? I hope you are well and enjoying life.

Well what a weekend here in the UK...a new King and Queen crowned yesterday and an extra Bank Holiday tomorrow...not that it makes much difference to me, every day seems to be the same!

I did watch history unfold though yesterday and watched it all on the telly. It was sadly a wet day but it didn't seem to dampen peoples spirits, and I found it quite emotional at times. The organisation that must have gone onto it all was phenomenal!

OK .....crafting...well not had a lot of time for that due to some eye issues and an ongoing shoulder issue...the joys of getting older no doubt, so forgive me for not being a good blogger of late. I did however manage to make a card for my eldest son's birthday last week. A CASE of a card that Brenda (Floral Fantasies) did a while back with a few slight differences. (not good on the linking bit sorry). She did enable me to buy the silhouette stamp though :)


In the end I was pleased with how it turned out, though if I did another there may be a couple of tweaks to do.

Oxide inked background and stamping in Versafine Clair. You might just pick up a bit of stencilling in the corner with a new stencil, just to take abit of the stark white away.

My son regularly walks his dog...a black labrador (I masked off the ears on this dog...totally pain free I hasten to add...lol)) for a good long walk so it all seemed very apt, and he seemed pleased with his card. 

OK I hope you enjoy the rest of your long weekend if you are in the UK and hopefully I will be back before too long. I do keep popping in to see your wonderful creations and I thank you all for stopping by my blog...... I know how precious time is.

Happy Crafting

Love Carole xx


9 comments:

  1. So pleased you managed to get the stamp Carole and what a gorgeous card you made for your Son and his black Lab, I'm sure he loved it, mine was headed the same direction.

    Hope you have some sunshine today, we've been making the most of it, just popped in the cool for ten minutes, looking at the forecast that won't be an issues for the next week though.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful scene. I love to walk and this card captures that joy so well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely inking and stencilling. I love stencils and think they add so much in often a very subtle way. ( I can't tell you how many I suddenly have 😆). Trees will always be a winner with me. We do pageantry so well in the UK, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this very personal card for your son, Carole! It's a great silhouette of him walking his black lab! The scene is a delight and I like how you lightly stenciled the background corners.

    This was a very historical weekend for you all and I really enjoyed seeing the highlights! I was hoping things had improved with your eyesight and shoulder😢 and I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling.❤ Love and hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. How perfect for your son!! I also watched the crowning...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely masculine card, Carole and it's great that it will be personal to your son and his lab! I really like the clean lines and the stencilling is the perfect finishing touch. I hope your health issues are improving - I've told that I will be needing cataract removal at some point but just not yet - so I empathise with your eye issues. Getting old isn't much fun until you consider the alternative lol! Let's hope for some continued good weather to cheer us all up.
    Take care.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful scenic card for your son and great stamping too.I'm keeping everything crossed for some sunnier days and less downpours of rain....but I wont hold my breath. Enjoy the rest of your week. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card for your son - and very appropriate as he has the black lab. Well done on painlessly masking off the ears! LOL!.

    Hope the eye problem clears up soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful birthday card for your son! Love the trees and black lab taking a walk! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete