Monday 15 July 2013

Another big Birthday

Hi Friends.
Hasn't the weather been gorgeous? Hope it stays a bit longer, though the gardens could do with a drink! I have been making the most of the sunshine in between everything else on my "to do " list, but the clear blue skies forecast for today are somewhat cloudy here in West Yorkshire. It's still hot though - so time for a quick post, a few chores and then a cuppa in the garden!

It's a male Birthday card for my hubby's friend who is reaching that big 60 this week. Men's cards are always difficult unless they like the usual football, golf etc. so I am really pleased with the large everyday sentiment stamps (set 43) from LOTV as they are good for male or female.
So here we are! --again!!

 
I cut an A5 card in half across the middle to make two landscape cards with the fold to the left and die cut a circle with a Spellbinder die. I also cut the same circle from black card. I then stamped the birthday wording with Versamark and embossed with black WOW embossing powder. I have a box full of embossing powders that I have had for years but I always seem to reach for the Wow ones at present. 

 
I then closed the card and stuck the black circle on to the back through the front aperture to be sure it lined up and finished with a die cut 60 and some bakers twine.
 
I also made one in red as I wasn't sure which hubby would choose for his friend -- he went with the  black and white, so I have left the circle blank on the red one to be personalised at a later date.
 

 
Which do you prefer?
I promise to bring you something different next time!
 
Stay safe in the sun friends and enjoy your week.
Hugs
Carole xx

2 comments:

  1. OoOH these are so FABULOUS! Love how it opens up like that! Way cool! I actually love them BOTH! :)

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card hunnie, sorry I haven't been sooner, just really busy :)..
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete