Tuesday 19 February 2013

and this years!

 
Just in case you thought I hadn't done one! here is this years Valentine for hubby. Totally different in style. Which do you prefer?
 
 
 
 
I covered the front of a 6inch square card with the stripy paper from my stash and then added a strip of cream spotty paper (bo bunny but can't remember the name). The heart was cut 3 times with a Spellbinders Nestability and the right side of one heart glued to the left of another to make the 3Dheart. I then covered it in platinum stickles and smudged it out with my finger (best tool going the finger). I did try to spray with my cosmic shimmer but it glooped out of the bottle so no go on that one. Anyone else have that problem? The sentiment was a rub on from my stash.Quick and easy if you don't have a stamp.
 
The inside was a try at a technique I saw in a recent making cards magazine done by Emma take a peek at her blog. (I love her work) so I can't take the credit for it and if I had had more time I would have perfected it, but of course I was last minute as usual.
 
 
 
It is a chain of hearts (like the chains of dolls one cut as a child.....remember? well perhaps not!)
I didn't have any letters that would do for the wording so I had to improvise a bit on that one and stamp and emboss with white powder.
 
Enjoy the spring like weather! sunny here but a bit chilly.
 
TTFN Carole x
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful Valentines Day card! I bet your hubby absolutely loved it! :)

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete